The #MovingForward initiative:
1. Convenes investors making a public commitment to equitable playing fields
2. Highlights transparent reporting channels if a discimination or harassment event occurs
3. Publishes an open-access catalog of anti-harassment and anti-discimination policies
With each investment firm that joins our movement, we seek to spark conversations internally within the firm and also support founders who are reviewing policies, finding supportive investors, and identifying high-quality fundraising contacts.
To join the community, we require the following:
1. A publicly available anti-harassment/discrimination policy
2. Point(s)-of-contact for entrepreneurs to ask questions and report issues
3. A short statement on your efforts to nurture diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplaces
Any firm can fill out this form at any time and we'll get you onboarded. There is also an option to pledge your commitment, with the goal to fully submit within 30 days.
We have provided guides below to get you started and help your process.
The following policies are from 175 firms in 24 countries participating in our movement as of October 2020. We hope that every major venture capital firm will join us and that our open source directory proves useful to founders as they look to fundraise.
Project Include is a non-profit focused on building meaningful, enduring diversity and inclusion within tech startups and as well as their broader ecosystem.
Venture Inclusion Network hosts a list of diversity and inclusion experts, consulting firms, and service providers.
Purple Campaign has a corporate certification to recognize employers taking recommended steps to address workplace harassment.
ReadySet is a boutique consulting firm specializing in diversity, equity, and inclusion counseling.
Ethena offers irreverent corporate trainings with a harassment focus.